Thursday, November 6, 2014

"Character Animation"


It seems that the above video comes out squished for whatever reason so I have provided a youtube linked video that hopefully stays the correct aspect ratio.

Youtube Linked Video of the Animation

I worked with Kristi Loo in making this animation. I did the physical animation, we worked together on the staging and planning, and she did the editing and post-production on the film. We decided on two figures that would hopefully have enough contrast and provide character contrast in that manner, and some simple props to stage the idea.

Again, stop motion is incredibly hard and I worry for the bodies of the stop motion animators. I hope they work out a lot to be able to endure the physical toll in animating. I'd like to note, not for grades but for posterity; it was incredibly, incredibly hard to balance clay on dangling fake plants just as well. I felt like that part of the experience is the one I will remember the most about the animation since it caused such hilarious frustration. We ended up holding the clay doll up with toothpicks for the most part.

No comments:

Post a Comment